Parent and family orientation
Parents and family members are invited to attend Parent and Family Orientation, which runs concurrently with New Student Orientation. There is no additional charge for guests to participate in Parent and Family Orientation.
Family members should make arrangements to stay locally for Orientation as housing in the residence hall is only provided for students during Orientation (for students attending Orientation in May and June). The Office of Parent and Family Services has partnered with local hotels and other businesses, offering special discounts for your convenience. For a list of partners and discounts, visit nau.edu/discounts.
At Parent and Family Orientation you will:
- learn about financing your student’s education and have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a Financial Aid professional
- attend informational sessions hosted by your student’s academic college
- attend student service presentation to learn about life on campus
- enjoy dinner
- True Life presentation
- learn more about living on campus
- meet staff from campus health services
- participate in presentations and workshops focusing on coaching your college student
Register a guest
Sibling program - only offered during May and June
Do you plan to bring younger siblings or family members to Orientation? We are happy to provide a program for siblings aged 9 and older during the first day of Orientation. During the day we will have the opportunity to play games, learn about the Northern Arizona University campus, and create a special surprise for your older sibling or family member who is going off to college. The program includes lunch. The siblings will then rejoin their parents in the evening.
The sibling program departs from the Parent Session at Cline Library at 9:45am. On day 2 siblings will spend the day with their parents. If you are interested in signing up a sibling or younger family member for the Sibling Program please register them as a guest when your student signs up for their orientation session or contact our office at 928-523-0632.
Check out our parent and family FAQS.